Saturday, December 18, 2010

Burgers and Barrel...Oh My!

In case you haven’t noticed yet..I am a meat lover.  There really isn’t any kind I won’t try. In fact at my holiday staff dinner last night there happened to be Elk on the menu.  I actually had every intention of ordering it until my co-worker suggested that it sounded so close to “reindeer”, it would be sacrilegious to order it during the holidays. I certainly don’t want to be anyone’s Grinch so I went without. 

There, now that we’ve got that introduction out of the way and I’ve scared my vegetarian friends for life, let’s move on to what I’m actually writing about which is Burger & Barrel. B&B opened a few months ago in the ‘hood and I’ve been wanting to try this wine pub ever since! Wine on tap?What a fab idea!  I went when it was raining and it was just our luck, as we were able to sit down right away.  I started with the Merlot from the tap which I was told is locally made in Brooklyn with grapes from the North Fork of Long Island. It was very good although I couldn’t taste the difference between a "tap wine" and a bottle wine...but it’s all about sounding cool anyway.

Started the evening with the B&B Chopped Salad which was made up of romaine, hearts of palm, asparagus, corn, radish, feta and olives tossed in a creamy dressing which sounds like a smorgasbord of ingredients but I must say really worked well together. It was a perfect way to start the meal.

Deciding on which burger to get was difficult. I had heard of the  $45 dollar white truffle burger which sounds to die for, but after much consideration I narrowed it down to the good ol’ fashion  classic for $13 bucks. Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, american cheese, special sauce atop a perfectly cooked, medium, juicy patty enclosed by a pillowy bun and served with 2 onion rings on top..D-E-L-I-S-H! 



I also managed to finish the whole thing and not feel like a morbid obese whale after. Portion size was on point! Def recommend opting for the sweet potato fries which were some of the best I’ve tasted. 

Burger & Barrel makes a fantastic burger by any measure and I give it 3 ½ Little Stars.  Can’t wait to go back again…perhaps they will have an elk burger by then.

Happy Eating!

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment