Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Daily Dish

And the Golden Globes Nominees are…

Hollywood has been abuzz since the golden globe nominations were announced in tinsel town today.  I’m super excited as the "best picture" nominees usually make up my wish list of movies to see whilst at home for the holidays.

No big surprises in the best picture-drama category with nods for:

a. Black Swan
b. The Fighter
c. Inception
d. The King’s Speech
e. The Social Network

I saw Black Swan this past weekend and I have to say the jury is still out. I wanted to really love it but I’m still confused and not sure how I feel about it. If I had to rate it right now I’d give it 2 ½ Little Stars. Everyone who has seen it..you know what I'm talking about...right!?

If I had to choose from the few I’ve seen, I think Inception was by far the best movie of the year.  It was innovative, exciting, a terrific cast (who doesn’t like staring at Leo for 2.5 hrs) and really unlike anything else I’ve experienced in a long time. In fact I’d give the movie my first ever official FIVE Little Stars.  

My only gripe is that I think my man Leo got robbed of a best actor nod and deserves to be up there this year with Marky Mark. Besides I think I'm still really bitter from his Titantic snub years ago. Come on!

So looks like I’ll also be making time for The Fighter, The Social Network and The King’s Speech in the next few weeks. Bring on the movie theater popcorn!


Happy Eating!

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment