Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fiesta Fiesta!

Thank god for the holidays otherwise I’d have no excuse for the bender of drinks and all things delicious I’ve managed to inhale these last few weeks. You may think I don’t eat anything other than Italian or pizza from the looks of it (I swear I do)! 

With that said, I must give a shout out to another one of my favorite pizza joints in the area Arturo’s Pizza.  Arturo's is the perfect place to have a date or go out for a night with friends without any fuss. It’s old school, classic NYC coal oven pizza served with a side of jazz music in a down to earth setting. I especially like to sit outside in the summer and people watch. They offer many other delicious Italian dishes and apps besides pizza including a fab calamari and an arugula and parmigiano salad (a few of my favs). But don't be fooled pizza is the main event here.

This visit I opted for the special appetizer…macaroni and cheese balls. Let me tell you…these were delish! Creamy mac and cheese with a hint of truffle oil deep-fried in a crispy breadcrumb crust did not disappoint! WE devoured them so fast I didn't even manage a pic:(

As usual I convinced my girlfriend to get the fiesta pizza with me. It’s an absolute must and the best pizza choice on the menu. Sausage, peppers, onions and mushrooms with no substitutions allowed…for a reason people! The crust is crispy and the toppings always fresh. We split the small and there wasn’t a slice left. 



Once again Arturo's you didn't let me down, with the good service and great food...Little Star gives it 4 solid little stars. Definitely a must try in NYC!

Happy Eating!

oxox

Little Star

1 comment:

  1. The pizza was good but I might have to say the mac n cheese balls win as my favorite food of the night based on pure originality!!

    ReplyDelete