Saturday, December 11, 2010

Shhhhh.....


Can you keep a secret? I’m about to disclose what I know is one of NYC’s best-kept secrets and no we’re not talking about the location of the Louboutin sample sale.

Ladies and gentlemen say hello to Crispo.  It seems rather fitting actually, to visit this fine establishment this week as I'm starting my blogging journey. Needless to say it didn’t disappoint.

Crispo has all the makings of a great restaurant, from the delicious Northern Italian cuisine to the décor, friendly service and probably my favorite public restroom (yes I said restroom), I don’t know why it’s still flying under the foodie radar.

As usual I requested to sit it what might be the best kept secret of Crispo…the absolutely adorably back yard garden. 


In the summer they open the top so you feel like you are actually back in old world Italia. This time of year it is decked out in holiday style with the fireplace, old school meat slicers covered in white lights, cast iron and steam beams you cant help but get that warm, cozy feeling inside.  The only negative I can really say about the patio is that the chairs aren’t the most comfortable…but believe me once you start eating you wont even notice. Our waitress was great; she was informative, friendly and actually knew what was in every dish I asked about! As for the awesome bathrooms, i'll let you see that for yourself!

To start I shared the calamari and zucchini fritti…crisp and fried so good I ate the parsley on top. Everything is golden brown and breaded to perfection. We also ordered the prosciutto, crispo mozz cherry tomato & arugula, that was also delicious. The prosciutto tasted so tender and I love the arugula for that extra bit of zest and flavor it brings. We didn’t splurge the extra $4.95 to sub buffalo mozz for the house made and really let’s be clear anytime buffalo mozz it available, get it!



Moving on to our main courses, after much consideration, I opted for the ricotta gnocchi lamb bolognese and my boyfriend got the butternut agnolotti. Both were delish! My ricotta gnocchi were so juicy and cooked to perfection the only thing better were the chucks of lamb bolognese with the fresh tomato, diced carrots and parmigiano flavors on top…YUM!



The agnololtti is a type of ravioli stuffed with butternut squash, sage and roast chestnuts for that added texture. Doesn’t that just sound like winter on a plate to you? Well that’s just how it tasted. The pasta was cooked to perfection and just the amount of brown sugar to satisfy the warm hearty feeling I was looking for. 

Desert was a scrumptious panna cotta with fresh berries and amaretti nuts on top…I had no issues stuffing my face with that one. It was creamy and just sweet enough and the best way to cap off the evening.



All in all Crispo gets a whopping 4 Little Stars from this girl! From the romantic setting to the fab menu and stellar service you really can't go wrong. So what are you waiting for…go and check it out but just remember to keep it between you and me.

Happy Eating!

oxox

Little Star

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a Bunch Little Star!!!! This past Saturday a friend and I went to go check out Crispo. It was every bite of Delicious as you said. The atmosphere was very quant and romantic which I loved and the service was equally as good. I had the lobster dish which was fantastic and my date went with pasta. I m not sure what he exactly got but I could tell by the smile on his face he was a happy camper. We did both also share the Buffalo Mozzarella appetizer with the chick pea baguette and that was delicious ! I will be going back and just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. 

    ReplyDelete